Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Think carefully before you crown him "the King your King"

This online dating thing gets more interesting and there are some promises you make to those you meet that you simply cannot keep.

I tend to be staunch in keeping promises but when it involves the well being of others that is when I must relinquish my pinkie swear like right now.

As a reporter I was interested in my story of online dating. Till.. well till he caught my eye. And then all thoughts stopped for a moment and I was caught by my own net. And worse I did not want to leave until.. well.. until the King , I thought, removed his crown to reveal he was simply just a man in search of companionship and other goodies I was not quite yet about to forfeit. Close, but not yet.

OK the details.
I was asked out on a date with another fellow whom I stood up as my energy was pulled in a particular direction of a witty and handsome fellow who was focused in getting me to respond. Mind you it was not, nor he is not the average lug on these dating sites he is quite a charmer.

So I agreed , went to coffee and well three years later of being single there I was kissing a perfect 6 foot, hazel eyed Harley stranger on a plateau coffee house. Honestly you would have kissed him too. Drop dead gorgeous.Oh yes he kissed me first a few times.

This was new to me but ok. He called me later and I enjoyed that.
The following day after a few business partner disappointments where I had to let go of one business partner for a current project I called him.

It was lovely to speak to him. He seemed so much like the King , even looked like all of them. What does all of them mean?
Well many years ago a medicine man told me that a true love is one who looks like everyone you've ever loved and this one sure did. Not scary for me but for him I think.

So back at the I called him. He asked me over and we talked about kisses and personal male female things so I did what any sane female would do. I got dressed fixed my makeup and decided to just spend the night kissing the King.

When I arrived at first he seemed distant. He described his situation as he was not serious about a relationship with anyone as his ex wife was arriving in the morning " to stay at his house" as  they had business to conduct.Hmm I thought what kind of business is that? If he had met me and I said my ex was coming over to spend the night would he have liked that?

Well he proceeded to tell me he was not attracted to me, (I sure thought he liked those kisses at the plateau coffee house, he mentioned several times he did) that was confusing. I must admit when he related his ex wife and him knew each other since 11th grade I could feel a sadnesscome over me for him.

The sadness was here is this gorgeous man, getting crumbs like a pigeon from his ex wife and crumbs from women online who date him, but do not commit to at least love this hunk who deep down is a great guy.

Honestly, I think his conscience in my regard got the best of him He saved me from himself and his baggage. His confession was his way of saying " you're one of the good ones Evelyn, and I am not good for you".

I hope he saves himself by one day finding he deserves better than crumbs from strange woman who do not value him and being a convenience to his ex wife.

Things I love about myself: When I am done...I am done. To waste energy on reigniting past relationships is like lighting a fire with wet matches " it just ain't gonna light baby".

No comments:

Post a Comment